Experience the people, places, and stories of historic Minneapolis
Join scholars for an in-depth look at topics in Minneapolis history. These in-person and virtually hosted lectures last approximately one hour. Pre-registration is required.
Past topics include:
– Minneapolis Warehouse District
– Peavey Plaza
– Fort Snelling Upper Post
Archaeology for the Renovation of Fort Snelling
Preserve Minneapolis Lecture Series 2023: Dr. Nienow, owner and principal at Nienow Cultural Consultants (NCC), and Matt Flueger, Fort Snelling historian, discuss NCC’s two years of archaeological monitoring in support of the renovation at Fort Snelling’s Upper Post. Jeremy and Matt will discuss interesting archaeological and historical discoveries made along the way and the challenges encountered in completing this daunting project.
Learn more about their work at:
Share Your knowledge – Be a Lecturer
We’re always accepting applications for lecturers. All lecture topics must be related to preservation of historic and/or cultural resources in Minneapolis. In addition, all lectures must be no more than one hour, including 10 minutes for Q&A.
Preserve Minneapolis will pay each lecturer a $250 honorarium.
Please include the following in your proposal:
- Your name
- Your professional position and/or affiliation
- The title of your proposed lecture
- A summary of the content of your proposed lecture, including a brief description of the visuals you will use.
- Tell us why you are the right person to present this lecture.
- Your resume or curriculum vitae