The tour will walk past sixty homes on Lowry Hill. We will see the works of 24 architects and several master builders. Architects James McLeod, Harry Wild Jones, William Kenyon, William Channing Whitney, and Liebenberg & Kaplan are represented by multiple houses. There are two houses from the late 1870s or early 1880s. There are two houses from 1947 and 1948. The others range in date from 1885 to 1928. We will walk through Thomas Lowry Park.
The tour will touch on the history of Lowry Hill and Thomas Lowry Park. We will talk about individual architects, master builders, and some of the original owners. We will interpret the variety of architectural styles represented here.
This tour walks about 1.5 miles and is ADA accessible.
Tour guides are Anders Christensen and Richard Kronick.